You can now pay for this class online! Check the link at the bottom of the page
IELTS 2021 PREPARATION PLAN (during Ramadan our group classes are from 5:00 PM till 7:00 PM)
Preparing for an IELTS Exam?
Applying to a University abroad?
Planning to emigrate and need an IELTS score?
1 – Know your current English level
Before you schedule your IELTS test it is important to know what your current level is. Where are your strengths and weaknesses? Ask yourself the following:
- How good is my grammar?
- Do I know enough about the exam?
- How disciplined am I?
- What are my English weaknesses?
- What am I best at?
A good idea would be to take an IELTS practice test. Take it under realistic conditions and then check your score to find out your current level. This will be easy for reading and listening, but for speaking and writing you might want an expert.
Check out with the Skillz team!
2 – Set your goal
Once you know your level, you can start planning the IELTS test. Be realistic or else you will set yourself up for disappointment. For example, if you are currently at band 5, it would be unrealistic to aim and expect a band 8 in the next few weeks.
You need to consider the various factors:
- Why do you need an IELTS score?
- What is the purpose of your score?
- What would happen if you did not get this score?
- What score do you need to reach your goal?
For many people around the world, the magic band is “7.” This is really common for universities and immigration departments. They want to know that candidates have a band 7 in IELTS because it signifies the applicant is proficient in English.
Set your target, then contact Skillz team to plan your journey together!
3 – Make a realistic plan
This is probably the hardest part.
You now have:
- Some knowledge about the IELTS test
- A current level of band 5/6
- A required target level of band 7 or possibly band 7.5
- A dilemma on how best to proceed
You can of course practice by yourself….
Or you join an IELTS class or private sessions at Skillz.
Why join an IELTS class at Skillz?
- Professional and experienced teacher
- Online classes, you learn in the safety of your own home
- Understand the procedures and formats of the IELTS
- Learn useful test-taking strategies and skills for the IELTS
- Practice all language skills through authentic IELTS-style exercises and interactive activities
- Develop strong English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills
- Focused classes in small groups
- Sit a mock test
Learning about IELTS is the first step. This can help you to plan your progress. Once you know your own level, your target, and understand the test, you can begin to formulate a plan.
Contact Skillz team for more details about IELTS!