Summer Teen English Course
Keeping the mind active during the summer months is helpful in the following school year. Studies have shown that when teenagers are not academically active during the summer vacation, they lose a significant amount of what they learned during the previous school year.
The Skillz Summer Teen English Course, designed for ages 12-15, provides an opportunity for students to improve their English skills during the summer. In small groups, students will read and engage with short articles and texts. Under the guidance of experienced teachers, students will discuss and learn to analyze and appreciate a variety of texts.
In this course students will:
- Build reading comprehension skills
- Develop new vocabulary and increase English fluency
- Learn and discuss themes within various texts
- Discover new genres with the hope of increasing individual reading enjoyment
- Actively participate in class discussions to increase speaking confidence
- Increase analytical and interpretation skills
The English language course will focus on Myths and Traditions and will cover the following texts:
- Orpheus and Eurydice by Thomas Bullfinch
- How Anansi Brought Wild Animals into the World by Bertie
- The Wicked Girl retold by Aaron Shepherd
- The Indian Cinderella
- Mountain Fable
- The Lottery by Shirley Jackson
- To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
Date: July 12 till August 6
Days: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
Time: 10:00 AM till 12:00 PM
Price: 425.000 LBP (including material)
* 8 students maximum per class, classes fill up rapidly, register in advance!
For more information or registration call: 01-584234