In the Advanced Professional Writing course at Skillz, professionals who are proficient in English and comfortable with basic business writing will learn how to make their writing more professional, organized, and effective.
Participants will encounter advanced vocabulary in context, discover new ways of approaching writing tasks, and practice concepts that will have a positive impact on their professional writing capacity. Beyond vocabulary and organizational concepts, students will also learn to be critical readers and editors, an essential part of professional business writing.
● Expand vocabulary to include precise nouns and verbs and idiomatic phrases
● Discover ways to describe data and processes, make arguments and summarize
● Learn the components of strong sentences, paragraphs, and larger texts
● Inculcate organizational techniques to make writing clearer
● Practice producing precise, consistent, and concise writing
● Learn advanced editing skills to be able to read texts critically
● Design documents that maximize effectiveness for the audience and purpose
This is an interactive course where everyone is encouraged to share their real-life business writings to supplement class lessons and to foster peer-to-peer learning.
This course is for adult professionals who want to perfect their business writing skills and increase the effectiveness of their writing. At the end of this course, participants will have mastered key aspects of writing professionally.
- A placement test is required as a prerequisite.
The Advanced Business Writing course is a 5 week course making 20 hours of classes.